Sometimes there are minor errors in the final certificates provided by the IGNOU University or sometimes the name or address is changed for various reasons. Many students changed their surname after marriage, the students had to face many difficulties to change it. But now students at IGNOU will have no problem changing their name or address in the final degree, grade card or certificate.
IGNOU has come up with a special process to change its details in the final certificates after paying the minimum fee for the students. Even if you got your degree 20 years ago, you can still change your name and details. Just follow this post to get all the details about IGNOU's Change name and details in the final grade card and certificate.
What Information Can Be changed?
- Correction of spelling of student's name, father's name/guardian's name
- Change the student's full name.
- First, middle or last name change
- Remove or add to alias.
- Address change
- Change of surname after marriage
Fee Paid For the Name and Other Changes
- IGNOU Admission 2022 - Online Application Process Begins for January Session
- IGNOU Assignment 2022 -Check IGNOU Assignment Status, FrontPage, Submission, Question and Paper Marks
- IGNOU Online Examination Form 2021 – Check Status, Last Date, Fee, Late Fees
- IGNOU Hall Ticket December 2021 - Hall Ticket Dec 2021
- IGNOU Result 2021 | Check Online IGNOU Results Status
- IGNOU Courses List - Getting Quality Education Through IGNOU Courses
- IGNOU Study Material - How to Check IGNOU Study Material Status online
- IGNOU ID Card Download - Guide to Download IGNOU Student ID Card Online
Documents required to change the details in the certificate
|Change For||Documents Required|
|Minor corrections in the spelling of student's name, father's name/guardian's name||Self-attested copy of Class 10th Certificate issued by a recognized board / Aadhaar card|
|Change Full Name||On the non-judicial stamp paper of fair value before a first-class magistrate explaining the newspaper's cutting (original) name change as evidence of an advertisement published in connection with the name change in at least two well-known Indian newspapers. Affidavit (Original). Gazette notification basically reflects the name change.|
|First / middle / last name change||Advertisement in at least two popular Indian newspapers / Aadhaar card (Original)|
|Address change||Aadhaar card / any other document issued by the government|
|Change of surname after marriage||Proof of marriage i.e. self-certified copy of marriage registration certificate / Aadhar card issued by the competent authority in case of the student applying for change of surname after marriage|
Procedure to Apply for Change of Name / Address / Guardian's Name
- Download the application form and print it out from the link below. Download the application form.
- Fill out the suggested application form with a blue or black ballpoint pen.
- If applicable, the fee (as per the chart above) should be paid by Demand Draft (DD) in favour of 'GNOU' and payable in New Delhi.
- Properly fill the application form along with the required fee and documents need to be sent to Registrar, SED, IGNOU Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068.
Note: - The student has to return his / her previously issued grade card/certificate etc. to IGNOU.
It's all about How To Change IGNOU Name and Address in a degree, certificate. You can find all the information in this post. After you apply, you will need to contact your regional centre to check the status of your application.
However, if you have any questions or corrections regarding this post, you can comment on this post in the comment box below. We will return to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Originally Published at Apply Exam - Online Exam Portal