GATE 2023: This page is dedicated for GATE 2023 Exam Information and other related stuffs. GATE Stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an all-India based entrance examination for admitting students to M.Tech (Master of Technology), ME (Master of Engineering), M.S (Master of Science) and Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) courses in higher educational institutions in India. GATE basically tests the knowledge of the student in core subjects of his or her undergraduate program.
GATE 2023 is a mandatory examination one should clear for getting admission to postgraduate programs in India. GATE score is the primary criterion for admitting students to post-graduate courses in various premier engineering institutions in India including IITs, NITs, and IIITs. A good GATE score is helpful in getting financial assistance from MHRD and other central or state-level government agencies. GATE score is also used by many PSUs (Public Sector Units) in India for recruiting engineering graduates to entry-level positions.
Why GATE 2023?
Engineering is the second most popular career option after medical science, with millions of aspirants appearing every year. Its importance is not purely academic but is considered to be the most favourable and supported career option by Indian society.
The picture surrounding Engineering is lucrative, provided that the aspirant has managed either admission to the prestigious IITs and NITs or worked hard enough to scale heights of success. Once you are well settled and have done well in the engineering sector, there are many avenues available.
As an engineer, you can smartly exploit the opportunities the ever-developing and improving technology provides. In India, engineering is my favourite course. Every year an incredible number of students sits for undergraduate exams that may secure seats in prestigious IITs or other contemporary prestigious engineering institutions.
However, unlike undergraduate entrance examinations, post-graduate examinations are relatively less popular among students. However, post-graduation from a well-established university can offer financial advantages that everyone looks out for. The relatively less popularity does not mean that the entrance examination is easier.
GATE Exam is known for its pattern that is designed to specifically target certain skills required from an engineering student, wishing to pursue higher education. Lately, there has been marked increase in a number of GATE applicants, which has resulted in rampant mushrooming of coaching institutes, claiming to offer the best standards of lessons.
How difficult is GATE?
GATE is one of the toughest examinations in India. It tests the engineering aptitude of the student in a smart way. GATE syllabus covers about 25 subjects one studies in the undergraduate program. To master these many subjects for a 3-hour test is certainly a tough task.
You can gauge the difficulty level by the fact that only 15% of the students qualify and get the scorecard each year. You should score a minimum of 99 percentile to get admission in any of the IITs or in the prestigious IISc. High GATE score is equally important to be screened in for PSU jobs.
GATE Exam requires applicants comprehensive understanding of undergraduate courses in engineering. It is imperative that applicants have mastered the basic understanding of undergraduate courses and interestingly, that is what makes GATE papers difficult for most students. Students have always focused on complexities, without paying much attention to basics and lack of understanding of the latter causes many bright students to fall back.
GATE 2023 Participating Institutions
There is a big reason why GATE paper is difficult to crack and that is it is conducted jointly by the prestigious and most chased-after institutes of the world. Yes! GATE is jointly conducted by the IISc (Indian Institute of Science) and seven IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology) on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education which belongs to the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. GATE 2023 will be jointly conducted by the following Institutions.
- Indian Institute of Science
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology Gawahati
GATE 2023 Exam Date (Announced)
|Activity||GATE 2023 Exam Date|
|GATE 2023 Application Submission Through GOAPS||August 30, 2022|
|Last date for submitting online application||September 30, 2022|
|Last date for requesting change of city for online exam||14th November 2022|
|Admit Card availability for download||5th January 2023|
|GATE 2023 On-line Examination Dates||4th, 5th, February 2023 & 11th, 12th February 2023|
|Announcement of GATE 2023 Result||27th March 2023|
GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (B.E), or Technology (B.Tech), or Architecture (B.Arch). Students who are in their final years of any other aforementioned courses are eligible to apply for GATE.
- Students who have completed a bachelor’s degree in Science (B.Sc), Students who have completed B.Sc (By Research) or B.S (By Research) are also eligible to apply for GATE Exam.
- Master’s degree holders are also eligible provided they have obtained a degree in the field of Mathematics, Science, Statistics, or Computer Applications. People who hold any other equivalent of Master’s are also eligible. Students in the final year in their Master’s programs can also apply.
- Applicants who are in the second or higher year of Four Years Integrated Programs in Engineering or Technology can also apply.
- Students who have completed a master’s degree in Computer Applications (MCA).
- Those in their fourth or fifth year of Five Year Integrated Program/Dual Degree Programs can also apply.
- Those who have attained qualifications through exams conducted by societies recognized by UPSC or AICTE are eligible to apply. Students who have completed Section A Examination conducted by various professional societies in India.
GATE 2023 Exam Pattern
How to answer GATE multiple choice questions?
How to answer GATE numerical questions?
General Aptitude Questions:
Financial Assistance after clearing the GATE Exam:
Originally Published at Apply Exam - Online Exam Portal
Post a Comment